Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Return Of The Resident Jackass

The roommates have officially hit my last straw.

So my phones decide, for some strange reason, not to go off on April 1st...and I made sure they were set beforehand. I'm beginning to think someone tampered with my phone while I was sleeping.

But then, the bigger part happens to be the person who owns this home.

Up to this point, he's been making sure I've been up on Fridays before he leaves for what is basically a volunteer job. Yeah, the fucker's 1600 behind on taxes, and yet he's wasting gas to go to a place he USED to work and isn't even getting paid to be there.

Leave this to be the ONE TIME he doesn't do this.

Now, far be it for me to assume he had nefarious intent on doing this, but to be fair, the guy hasn't exactly been favoring me in the disputes in the house as of late.

At 7:10, I hear the doorbell go off and tell the dogs to shut up.

Only to hear my mom knocking at the window.

I was late for work!!!

To give you an idea WHY exactly this pisses me off about Larry and the alarms, I can miss up to 60 hours in a six-month time frame. Because of everything that happened the last few months, I was down to just over an hour.

And work tends to double the points when you forget to call in.

Long story short, had Mom not shown up when she did, I would have been out of a job by the time I would have gotten to the Bindery.

The thing is, I don't know what to be pissed off more about. Yes, the alarms didn't go off, and I'm still convinced that Sprint played a fucked-up April Fool's joke on me, but at the same time, any other week, Larry would have been all over me making sure I was awake and out the door.

Why was Friday the day he didn't?

A few months ago, I could have pegged it as mere coincidence. Now, I'm starting to think he's trying to increase my dependence on him. And I ain't about to have that anymore.

So I've taken the first few steps this weekend regarding this particular problem. I took my phone number and got it on a prepaid (which pissed off the other roommate...he had gotten the phones under the impression he was going to be on disability by now...) and I'm currently working on getting my own apartment. I've also decided that until further notice, the roommates aren't getting shit from me regarding rent. Considering that Brandon has flat-out refused to do ANYTHING in the house anymore (save for the occasional instance of taking out the trash, and even then he's been fucking that up) and Mike has lost his food stamps, why should I continue to provide for a house that makes me feel like I'm a fourth-world citizen?

Before you ask, the way I'm ignored and degraded here, I feel less human than a third-world child. If I wanted that kind of treatment, I'd have stayed with my ex-wife prior to her Virginia trip.

At least then, I was getting something out of the deal.

It's not gonna be immediate, but I have no other choice--if I have any chance at self-preservation, this has to happen. I'm done with contributing to the house when it's getting damn clear I'm not considered an equal. And if this gets me kicked out early, fine, so be it. My peeps in my RP group might be pissed, but you know, I'd like to think that my survival on this planet would be more important than a roleplay or two.

There used to be a time when people would be able to count on the fact that I'd never shut the fuck up.

It's time I return to those roots.

And this time, people are NOT going to like how I turn out.

On a positive note, Z.J. is now tying his shoes and making his bed by himself as of this weekend. We've already worked out a deal where if he can continue to show this kind of independence for a weekend I have him without having to have anything done for him, he will be getting a replacement bubble gun for summer. And this one will be for outside because it'll be colored bubbles. (Thanks, Crayola, for making a product that forces kids to go outside and play for a while!) And he was very well-behaved around his cousins, especially Peyton.

Sometimes I wonder if Nicole sets Z.J. up to take the fall for a lot of what goes on at her house...

No comments:

Post a Comment